In Chinese culture, Chi (气) – the energy flows around us influence our lives. With that being said, how we live in harmony with our environment’s rhythms is affected by Chi.
Feng Shui (风水) is the science of Wind (Feng) and water (Shui) focusing on the energy that we can’t see emanating from the landscapes, rivers, mountains, and structures that make the earth the way it is.
Chi is called the Dragon’s cosmic breath by the Chinese. As we get to understand the intrinsic nature of Chi, we get to learn how to differentiate between Yang Chi (阳气 – which is alive) and Yin Chi (阴气 – which is stagnant dead), between expanding Chi and killing chi.
The force of life in our environment can nurture us, however, it can also destroy us. We can apply Feng Shui in our life to tap into the luck of us, the good Chi. Once we do that, we make our way to a life of enhanced quality by blending with the auspicious benign Chi harmoniously.
Our store of luck is made up of earth luck, mankind luck, and heaven luck. Heaven luck is the situation we’re born into which we have no control over. We can only control our mankind luck and earth luck. The understanding of Tien (天), ti (地), and Ren (人) means having a positive pattern of attitude engaging the most out of our inner selves and outer selves.
With the right techniques and knowledge, we can harmonize the essence of the inner flows of energy that lie within us with the outer flows of energy in the environment. And we get to live harmoniously with the environment around us by engaging mankind luck and earth luck while doing that.
Feng Shui’s benefits
- Feng Shui can be applied from different aspects as well as used in many different ways. People can use it to plan interior spaces, evaluate the spaces surrounding their offices and homes. The science of Feng Shui provides valuable expertise that allows us to enhance, design, and choose the spaces that we work at and live in.
- You can choose good land with the practical guidelines of Feng Shui. In Feng Shui, such property has strong and vibrant yang energy has luck that’s free from harmful structures. It has Chi that’s not afflicted by hostile hills. You can use Feng Shui principles to customize your luck.
- Some types of land contain intrinsic good fortune where the Chi which is the flow of energy is all abundant and pervasive, allowing anyone who lives within it to benefit. Some neighbourhoods and areas have better Feng Shui than the others, with a lot of benevolent energy flows (Chi). Businesses that operate and residents who live there receive more success.
- Feng Shui can be applied for districts, cities, and countries if we look at a bigger picture. People who reside within certain areas receive enormous wealth luck. The water flowing in those areas are tapped with special properties.
- In Feng Shui, water can be used to earn money luck. Cities such as Paris, Sydney, Shanghai, Chicago, London, and New Yorks have something in common, which are big natural rivers that bring wealth. Water signifies growth Chi, bodies of water and waterways suggest growth and wealth.
The ancients have special formulas revealing the precise way to locate water in the right place. These Feng Shui principles signify how water should flow, penetrate, and exit from the land. People who have large and hilly pieces of land are given the potentially great Feng Shui.
Even when you have such good auspicious land where dragons build their lair – located in the middle of the meandering terrain, fed by waterways, and backed by hills, how the house is oriented will get the best out of it.
How to choose property?
- The first thing to do when choosing property is to look at the terrain and surroundings of it. The idea is to make sure nothing is sharp, straight, and pointing at the property. So you have to check if there is any township or feeder roads nearby or are they pointing at the property.
- The next step is to check the direction of any natural water features nearby. Having water in front is better than having it behind of your house.
- Then you look at the facades of the house and elevations and check the design features. The roof lines should not appear threatening.
- After that, check the locations of the infrastructure. The house has excellent Feng Shui if it faces a field or a river even at some distance as it makes up the bright hall benign Chi and gathers momentum before stepping inside the house.
- The fifth step is very important; it’s to check the orientation of the property. In order to know which direction the property is facing is suitable for you, you have to have the knowledge of 8 mansions Feng Shui.
Above are some basic knowledge about Feng Shui and a few guidelines on how to apply Feng Shui when buying a new house. Even though they only cover just the tip of the iceberg, they will help keep you going in the right direction and prevent you from going wrong too far. Buying a new house is one of the biggest matters you have to deal with in life so make sure you don’t disregard Feng Shui when doing it.