Once in a while, you will need to hire some experts to come into your house and conduct some home inspection sessions. All of the experts coming to inspect your house would provide professional service and help to evaluate your house. They would point out any problems in your house such as leaking and even mold and mildew.
The first question you should ask yourself is why you would need to have a quality home inspection:
- You might need someone to inspect your house in case you want to repair it and maintain it at the best condition. The inspectors would be able to spot out the smallest tiniest problems of your house and offer you advice on fixing it.
- You should keep in mind that no matter how good you are at keeping and fixing broken parts of your house, there are some hidden spots in your house where you cannot see and hence, these are where the problem occurs.
- Sometimes, it might not be you who want to inspect your house but other people often do so. This is the case when you are going to sell your house to other people. Then they would like to come to the house and hire some experts to inspect it for the issues that cannot be seen by the eyes of the normal people with no expertise in this field.
- This process should be done before the buyer decides to pay for your house. In this case, all of the repairs should be done and included or excluded in the cost, meaning that the sale price of your house would be negotiable.
- Even if you are the one who sells the house, you also might want to inspect it before you advertise it to avoid any unnecessary price negotiation later on.
- In general, having a home inspector to check your house would help you to learn more about the current condition of your house and from then on, you can plan and prepare the budget for repairing and maintaining your house in the future.
How would you know that you can have a good home inspector?
- You might be surprised to know that not all of the home inspectors can do their job well. The best thing you can do to make sure you could be able to hire a qualified one is to look for one with certifications from various home inspection organizations such as the American society of Home inspectors.
- You can look for a good and high quality expert by asking for your friends and family members who have their house inspected before. They would be able to provide you some advices about the best and the worst home inspectors in town as well as the price of their services.
- In addition, you need to talk to them before you finally decide to hire them or not. You should ask about their experience as well as the amount of time they have been working in this field. You also need to ask about what they can do for your house and finally negotiate a price.
As we are mentioning about price, let’s explore about the cost of the service
- Generally, you need to pay about 200 to 500 dollars for each time you have your house inspected. The charge for this service depends on many factors.
- First of all, when you hire a high quality home inspector with a huge amount of experience and is a popular home inspector in town, you are expected to pay more.
- In addition, the number of items that need to be checked in your house is also a significant indicator for the charge. For example, if your house has many rooms, back yard, deck patio and a garden, the inspector will need to do more work and hence will charge you more for this.
- You can consult many home inspectors and ask for their quotes before you come to your final decision. Keep in mind that if you want to have a high quality home inspector, of course you need to pay a high price.
Finally, here is the list of the most important areas of your house that you need to consider having a home inspector:
It needs to be checked for leaking and broken tiles. If there is any leak or missing tiles, it needs to be fixed immediately to prevent mold and mildew from happening.
2. Heating and Cooling
This part of your house needs to have frequently checks since it would be really costly to fix it later on. Make sure the heating and cooling system goes for a test run for normal operation. In addition, the filters of the system also need to be checked for the signs of being broken or just simply being dirty.
Plumbing system needs evaluating for low water pressure and leaking. This would help to avoid mold and mildew to develop inside the wall. Leaking also cost you a lot of money as well.
Overall, you need to make sure you would be able to identify and pick up the best home inspector in order to make sure you get the best product and your house is cared by the best expert. As long as you are able to do so, all of the money you pay for the service will be worth it and you will be happy with your investment.